Today is the first Guru Pradosh Vrat of February 2023, by observing which the Vrati receives the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi along with the grace of Lord Shankar. Let us know the importance of Guru Pradosh Vrat and what precautions should be taken in this Vrat.
New Delhi: Pradosh Vrat has great importance to please Lord Shiva. By observing Pradosh Vrat twice every month, which falls in Krishna Paksha and Shukla Paksha, the devotee gets the special blessings of Lord Bholenath. This time this fast is being observed on 2 February i.e. today. Due to falling on a Thursday, it is called Guru Pradosh Vrat. It is a belief that by observing Pradosh Vrat on Thursday, Goddess Lakshmi resides permanently in the house and there is stability of wealth in the house. Worshiping Lord Shankar on this day and offering food to the poor and scholars gives high results to the fasting person.
Be careful while fasting: Ashutosh is also a name of Lord Shankar. Ashutosh means one who is easily pleased. Devotees can please him with just a little effort. However, it is very important to take some precautions during the Guru Pradosh fast. This is because Lord Shiva likes loyalty, passion and truthfulness. The person who remains calm and observes Guru Pradosh fast with devotion, his fast is fruitful. By observing this fast one gets spiritual progress, Guru and God’s grace and a person’s wealth increases.
Begins: February 2 (Thursday) at 4:25 pm Ends
: February 3 (Friday) at 6:58 pm
- Ravi Pradosh: Trayodashi falling on a Sunday is called Ravi Pradosh. By observing this fast one gets fame, fame and longevity.
- Som Pradosh: When Trayodashi Tithi falls on a Monday, it is called Som Pradosh. This is the favorite day of Lord Shiva, so Som Pradosh fast is observed for good health and longevity.
- Bhaum Pradosh: When Trayodashi Tithi falls on a Tuesday, it is called Bhaum Pradosh. By observing this Pradosh Vrat one gets freedom from debt. Along with this, fasting gets the benefit of land-building etc. and gets respect in the society.
- Budh Pradosh: The Trayodashi that falls on a Wednesday is called Budh Pradosh. Fasting on this day gives benefits of job, business, fame and health.
- Guru Pradosh: When Trayodashi Tithi falls on a Thursday, it is called Guru Pradosh. By observing this Pradosh Vrat, one gets spiritual progress, blessings of Guru and God. Along with this, there is also an increase in the wealth of the fasting person.
- Shukra Pradosh: Trayodashi Tithi which falls on a Friday is called Shukra Pradosh. Fasting on this day gives benefits in family relations and the women of the house remain healthy and happy.
- Shani Pradosh: When Trayodashi Tithi falls on a Saturday, it is called Shani Pradosh. Fasting on this day gives success in work and cooperation of important people of the society.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. The accuracy or reliability of any information/material/calculations contained in this article is not guaranteed. Our aim is only to provide information. It is necessary to mention here that ETV Bharat does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before implementing any information or belief, consult the relevant expert. In addition, the responsibility of any use thereof shall rest with the user himself.